2009年6月21日日曜日

Class Number 7 Names and Adresses

1.Are feelings, emotions and facial expressions universal across borders, happy, sad, etc..?
I think, it has not across border. It is almost same thing.

2. Try to name as many feelings as possible in Japanese. ( 10 minimum)Then, write the English translation.
楽しい(happy)悲しい(sad)おもしろい(interesting)怒る(angry)喜ぶ(please)嫉妬する(jealousy)いらいらする(annoy)興奮する(excite)うれしい(glad)美しい(beautiful)感動する(impression)

3. Are there any feelings in Japanese that cannot be translated into English?
  いただきます・おつかれさまです・おじゃまします・おじゃましました

5 件のコメント:

  1. I think it's interesting that more than one person put itadekimasu for an untranslatable word.

    返信削除
  2. Hello!!
    I don't have idea on Questione3.
    I read your blog,and
    I thought "Itadakimas","Othukaresama" may use Japanese people only.

    返信削除
  3. I agree with you.
    When I was in America, I wanted to say おつかれさま but English dont have the word!!

    返信削除
  4. I am very sorry but I have misplaced the sign-up sheet with the volunteers names and email addresses on it. If you signed up to make potato salad, set-up, cook/serve food, or clean up, please leave me a comment!

    返信削除
  5. Hello:)

    I agree with your opinion.
    I have a experience that I can't translate おじゃまします・おじゃましました into English.
    I just say "hello" and "see you later".

    It's do difficult.

    返信削除