2009年12月7日月曜日

Class #6 Time

1. Please explain a time proverb in your culture.
Time do not wait for a person. 「時は人を待たず」
It means ”It never give the flow of time early when I wait for the circumstances of the person. ”

2. What do the following proverbs mean:

a. Time is money.
「時は金なり」
It means"time can't buy for the money"

b. A stitch in time saves nine.
「適切な一針は後の九針を省く」
I'm sorry, I don't know.

c. There's no time like the present.
「今が好機だ」
It means "It is a good opportunity now."

d.Let's meet at 4. If I'm not there by 5, leave without me at 6, and I'll be there at 7.
I'm sorry, I don't know what it mean.

6 件のコメント:

  1. Hi,
    There are a lot of time proverbs in Japan. But some ogf them is difficult to understand and we are not so use them in conversation, I think...

    返信削除
  2. Hello.
    The proverbs teach my a good lesson.
    I can't understand Let's meer at 4. If I'm not there by5, leave without me at6, and I'll be there at7.
    The proverbs is difficult.

    返信削除
  3. Hello.
    I can understand your English.
    Thank you.

    返信削除
  4. Hi!!! I do not know meaning of last proverbs, too.
    I want to know more proverbs.
    Proverbs is interesting!!

    返信削除
  5. Hi!
    I think "b" means that "Make early start" in simple terms.
    The concept of time is very complicated, but these proverbs help us.

    返信削除
  6. Hello!
    I think that your opinion is good.
    I think that time can't buy for the money.
    Time is very important!

    返信削除